Sometimes wanting to install an Oracle Forms version seems like it should be a simple enough procedure.
1) Download the technology
2) Install it
3) Some basic configuration to personalize it to your system and Voila!
But with the newest version of Oracle Forms 11g R2 just to download the software it feels like you need a guidebook. The version of each component are VERY specific. AND … Do not try to be smart and choose the latest versions of the products! All versions must be the same one listed here below TRUST ME
For the Forms 11g R2 installation on 64 bit Windows 2008 R2 you will need:
1) Jdk 1.6 (should also come with Jre )
Windows x64 69.58 MB jdk-6u30-windows-x64.exe
2) WebLogic Server with 64-bit JVM’s you need to use the WebLogic Server generic installer listed under “Additional Platforms”. These generic installers do not include a JVM/JDK.
Download Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.5) + Coherence – Package Installer
Additional Platforms (For 64-bit JVM Support, See Note Above) – Generic: 1 GB
3) Download Oracle Forms and Reports 11g Release 2 – Windows 64
4) Download Jacob - You will need this to configure Webutil for Microsoft compatibility after the installation is complete – Jacob version
For Forms 11gR1 (11.1.1.x) you must use jacob 1.10.1.
For Forms 11gR2 (11.1.2.X) you must use jacob. 1.14.3.
Optional: Notepad++ – http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v5.9.8.html
Any questions? No problem just let me know.