All of you Oracle Forms developers should be very pleasantly surprised by the content and events lineup at this year’s Collaborate 13 in Denver, CO.
It will be a cocktail “Happy Hour” with lots of networking, some sessions from top Oracle Forms experts and a Q&A session with the Oracle Product manager. Come mingle with other Forms and EBS users and meet our experts.
Hope to see you all on Tuesday, April 9 from 6:00 pm – 7:00pm in the Exhibit Hall, Booth #1081 (PITSS America and ECSTeam, Next to Oracle)
- Protect Your Current Investment in Oracle Forms and Reports, Martin Disterheft, PITSS
- Run Your Oracle Forms on the Mobile using ADF, Mia Urman, OraPlayer
- Successful Modernization with ADF and ADF Mobile, Greg Opie, ECSTeam
- The Future of Oracle Development, Shaun O’Brien, Oracle
Register for the Free event here !
I’m lucky that I will be presenting a session called, Moving Forward with Oracle Forms: What Now? What’s Next?, at 12:15 pm on Wednesday, April 10, so those of you who’ll have a few at the networking event will still be able to make it :). My session will provide Oracle Forms / EBS users with the essential information on how to move forward with their Forms investment. I will discuss how to modernize existing systems by integrating or migrating them to Oracle’s next generation technologies. We will explore modernization options, creating integrated systems, and running Oracle Forms via ADF Mobile. We will also review how to plan for the future with regard to Oracle development technologies.
Besides my session there are several other interesting Forms to ADF sessions. On Monday, April 8 at 2:30 pm there is Building Hybrid Oracle Forms and ADF Applications by Gavin Woods and Martin Disterheft from PITSS. On Tuesday, April 9 at 10:45 am we have Oracle ADF &JDeveloper for Forms Developers by John King from King Training Resources. And on Monday, April 8 at 9:45 am Oracle ADF – What it is and why it is important to you will be held by Shay Shmeltzer, Senior Group Manager at Oracle. These sessions along with my own, Moving Forward with Oracle Forms: What Now? What’s Next? , should give you a good overview of where Oracle is going with their Oracle Forms directions.
In addition to these I’d suggest attending these sessions for a good introduction to the next generation Oracle development tools
- Getting Started with ADF —Monday, April 8, 11:00 am, Chad Thompson, Zirous, Inc.
- APEX – A Training Outline — Wednesday, April 10, 3:00 pm, Patrick Cimolini, Patrick International APEX Consulting
- Developing On-device Mobile Applications with Oracle ADF Mobile — Tuesday, April 9, 8:00 am, Joe Huang, Oracle
Finally these sessions are a good introduction to ADF development for EBS users
- Oracle ADF for OAF Developers — Monday, April 8, 3:45 pm, Shay Shmeltzer, Oracle
- Develop, Integrate, and Use: Oracle ADF with Oracle E-Business Suite the SOA way — Monday, April 8, 2:30 pm, also delivered by Shay Shmeltzer of Oracle
You can pre-register for these events on the Collaborate 13 IOUG website. Click here for details.
And as in any conference the most interesting part is of course the exhibition ground. There you come and drop by Booth 1080 to learn more about Oracle Forms modernization from our partners, ECSTeam and PITSS. Whether it be upgrading to Forms 11g, migrating to ADF/APEX, running Forms on mobile/tablet environments, or improving system performance, we can help you solve ALL your Oracle Forms challenges. You’ll probably find me hanging out there so stop by to say hello.
In any case, I’d be happy to meet any of you one-on-one to do a demo or have a consultation on Forms to Mobile at Collaborate 13. To set up a meeting, contact us.
I look forward to seeing you all in Denver at Collaborate 13!